Jared Boomer is the Morning Show Producer/Midday Host for KORN Country 100.3 (WYGB-FM) in Franklin. In his free time, Jared enjoys going to concerts, sporting events, training for the upcoming One America 500 Festival Mini Marathon (his first one!) and checking out the Indy restaurant scene. These are his five favorite restaurants involved in Devour Indy this year.
- Scotty’s Brewhouse (Downtown, Northside on 96th, Northside in Carmel, Northside in Noblesville, Midtown, Southside, Westside) It seems like whenever my friends and I are trying to find a place to watch the game, or grab a quick bite, we always decide on Scotty’s. They have a huge variety from burgers, to pizzas, to wraps, so there’s something for everyone to like. I would definitely suggest the Mac n Cheese Burger, and some Buffalo Wings. Plus you have to grab some Thr3e Wise Men house beers to wash it all down with too. They have a great Two for $15 lunch deal going for Devour Indy, and you can also get 10% off any Carryout/Delivery Orders by using the promo code: DEVOUR
- Red Lion Grog House (Downtown) After I went to London a few years ago, I came back to Indy trying to find a restaurant that gave me the same feel (and cuisine) as some of the London pubs I visited while on my trip. I feel that Red Lion Grog House in Fountain Square gets pretty darn close. Definitely check out their Fish and Chips and also Bangers and Mash if you want a really authentic English dish. They also have daily beer specials and trivia on Tuesday and Thursday nights! So grab yourself a pint of Strongbow and prepare to put your useless random knowledge to the test. Red Lion has a three-course, two for $35 deal running for Devour Indy.
- Johnny Carino’s (Southside) Located not too far from the Greenwood Park Mall, Johnny Carino’s has delicious Italian food at a very reasonable price. Also, they make their sauces fresh every single day, which is a definite plus. Some personal favs for entrees include the Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Chicken Primavera, and definitely get an order of Bruschetta Carino for an appetizer. Carino’s has a $20 for two lunch option and a $35 for two dinner option for Devour Indy.
- Bazbeaux Pizza (Downtown, Northside, Midtown) If you’ve never been to a Bazbeaux’s to stuff your face with some of the most delicious pizza you’ll ever eat, then what are you doing? They have a large selection of specialty pizzas, or you can also create your own. Get crazy and throw some of their more intriguing toppings such as avocado, eggplant, fancy lump crab, or their house made chorizo on your pie that you won’t find at your typical pizza restaurant. Bazbeaux is offering any 12” specialty Pizza and 2 Small Tossed salads for $20 during Devour Indy.
- BRU Burger Bar (Downtown, Northside) The best burgers in the city. Hands. Down. BRU Burger Bar’s most famous location is on Mass. Ave., but they also have a location in Carmel, and for you fellow Southsiders, a location in Plainfield will be opening soon too. I try to hit up BRU at least once a month as I try to accomplish my task of trying everything on their menu. My favorite burgers include the Bru Burger (there’s a reason it’s named after the place where you eat it) and also the Provençal Burger. Also the fries are good, but the onion rings with their house-made ketchup are really where it’s at. BRU Burger is running a three-course 2 for $30 deal during Devour Indy.