Discover different cultures right here in central Indiana at the inaugural International Art Show on Friday, Jan. 27, 2017. Step into the International Marketplace Coalition and explore different types of artwork from around the globe while tasting delicious international cuisine from participating Devour Indy restaurants. The event is free and open to the public but attendees are asked to RSVP.
International Art Show artists include:
- Berny Martin from Haiti – Fashion designer, founder of Catou. Has been featured on the runways of Paris, New York, Chicago and Africa.
- Daniel Del Real from Mexico – Work has been displayed at University of Indianapolis.
- Ismaila “Izo” Ndiaye from Dakar, Senegal – Work has been displayed at the Indianapolis Art Center and Indiana State Museum.
- Madhuchhanda Mandal “Madhu” from India – Has an art studio, AmberGrains Art and a jewelry boutique, Paarongama. She has won many awards for painting and jewelry design.
- Michael Evans from St. Thomas Virgin Islands – Graphic designer. Just recently commissioned to do momentos for the Centennial for the Virgin Islands.
- Michael R. Gurnell from Texas – Nature photography. Work has been displayed at French Lick Resort, Methodist Hospital, Cook Bio-Tech, McDonalds Restaurants, State Farm Insurance offices and Community Hospital.
- Shaomin Qian from China – Calligrapher. Won many first place prizes around the world and has published three books on Chinese Calligraphy.
- Tom Butters from Indiana – Has exhibited at the Richmond Art Museum’s annual exhibit and won “Best of Show”.
To see more remarkable artwork, RSVP to attend the International Art Show on Friday, Jan. 27 at the International Marketplace Coalition.